Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thrifting and picnics!

Growing up, I remember that my Grandma would keep my sister and I some days during summer break. I remember that we always wanted to go to the thrift store with her. My Grandma pretty much only buys her clothes there and I never really understood why. As I got older, it became not so cool anymore and I used to dread when she would say that she found the "cutest top that is sooo you"  It usually was huge or had a big stain on it that would "come right out!"I never really appreciated any of those clothes.  My mind changed after a trip to a little boutique in old town Florissant that sells resale.  I fell in love with clothes that have a story. I realize it sounds silly, but vintage or resale is awesome because it does have a story, a history. I got a beautiful necklace that is older than old and I LOVE it. The colors are amazing, and I love that it perhaps has a story. I also purchaced a vintage wiggle dress that makes my heart very happy! Anyways, I just wanted to let all those out there that think its gross or not ok to buy someone elses used clothes that its very cool... and just remember that there may very well be a great story behind a dress or necklace. You never know!
  Aside from thrifting, we took a much needed small break from reality today and had a picnic under the tree in the backyard! The colors are just gorgeous and its such a waste to not get out and enjoy this weather. Of course Nora spilled my water all over  the blanket which almost did my camera in, and Noah rubbed blueberries all over the place. But all in all it was a success. Praying that God keeps this beautiful weather coming! Hope everyone else is haveing a happy Wednesday! xo












2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. What a fantastic idea!!! You are the most awesome person!!!

    ReplyDelete