Thursday, March 22, 2012

Old family photos are my FAVORITE!!

   A couple of years ago my great Aunt brought my mom a box FULL of old pictures of my family. After my mom passed, I was desperate to get my hands on that box! I absolutly love looking at old pictures. I feel kind of bad because I dont know who all of the people in the pictures are. It is just yet another reason I wish my mom were here. She loved looking at these pictures with me and knew who everyone was. Perhaps I will just need to take a little roadtrip to Florida where my Aunt lives and find out....ANYWAYS, Im having a little trouble trying to figure out what I want to do with them! I would love to scrapbook them but holy moly there are just so many of them. I just need to figure something out insted of them just sitting in boxes in a corner of my family room. Any ideas are welcome! Like I said, there are tons, but here are a few that stood out to me.


 
On the left, is my Grandpas mom and dad on their 50th wedding anniversary! The right, is my Grandpa when he was in the war.
I love this of my mom and grandma. the picture of my mom on the right, reminds me of the little boy from A Christmas Story!  ADORABLE!

I just think this picture is so lovely. My Grandpa and Grandpa


The scrapbook that my Grandpa had when he was in the war.
It is crazy how things have changed.
Scrapbooks just dont look like they used too!
 

This is my Beautiful Grandma! (my moms mom)


I hope you all enjoy the pictures as much as I do! xo Carolyn
















5 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl! I love old pictures they are just so different from todays pics. It makes me so proud to see both of my grandpas dressed in their army best, that they served their country in its time of need! Let me know when you figure out what to do with them, might give me some ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love those pictures of my grandpa in the war. They are my favorites! I will for sure let you know! Hopefully it wont take me forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a box of old photos like this too. I ended up being keeper of the old photos and they pull at you to do something wonderful with them. Last year I did scan a ton of them that I thought my older brother would like to see, made a CD for him and sent it to him at XMAS. I would get the scanned so you will always have them. Some of mine had already lost their quality. Maybe a CD for you, your family members and Katie, with music its almost like making your own movie.
    Such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old trunk & small old suitcase that belonged to our Grandma filled with old photos. Like you I have no idea who many of these ppl are & no one to tell me. Have been wondering what to do with them. It would take weeks to scan them all!! That sounds like the best idea yet though. To your point Mary...the quality in some of them isn't the best. Others not too bad. I loved the CDs of pics you made for me. The most awesome part is they don't take up much space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas ladies! I think ill do that!

    ReplyDelete