Thursday, March 29, 2012

The good times are hard to remember sometimes...

What a crazy roller coaster ride life is these days for us. The last few weeks have been full of terrible news and nothing but doom and gloom. Today, us and my Aunt and Uncle met up with my dads oncologist to get the real story since we had so many doctors telling us all kinds of different things. Well, it was very optimistic and we are hoping to get another couple good years out of him. I'm so proud of my dad. I know that if I were him, I would give up...and maybe he has and is just putting up a front for all of us. He just has such a positive attitude and is willing to do everything the doctors are telling him. I realize that this is a long hard struggle and believe me when I say that there are not alot of things harder to do that to watch your parents suffer and to see that disgusting disease just eat away at them. It literally breaks your heart. Like I said, I'm very proud of him and I'm going to pray very hard for the better news to keep coming.
   Aside from that, Jason, my sister and I spent all last night at mom and dads house going through some things and getting stuff organized. The thing that bothered me the most was seeing my moms beautiful garden in the backyard, overgrown, and lifeless. That backyard has so many memories. All of the nights we would sit there and lose track of time just talking about what we did all did when we were young and got away with...and hearing stories of old girlfriends and boyfriends! So many good times. It was almost haunting to go back there. I took a few pictures to try to have memories of it, but they just don't even compare to how beautiful it was. Anywho, I just thought I would share with friends and get some things off my mind! Its back to work I go tomorrow! Have a beautiful night. xo







                                               

    
                                                                              

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading your beautiful blog and I was thinking if you would like to work on your mom's garden I would love to help you! And although I'm no green thumb, my friend Amy is. We could pick a day and get other friends to help. What's better than playing in dirt and seeing beauty in it? Love you and praying! Nancy Gamache

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, thanks for being amazing! The saddest part is, no one lives there now. My dad is just not doing good and can no longer live alone so he is living with my gma. It really is only a matter of time and we have to sell it. That would have been wonderful though. I have plans to try to have something at my house that reminds me of her and to even take some of the angels and statues from her backyard. Thanks so much!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you going "Back Home" to where your memories are of your younger days. Taking some of the garden items sounds like a lovely idea. Making preparations to sell is wise but I know how hard these things can be. Just so happy your dad is in a positive mode & somewhere with someone who can care for him. You & Katie have enough going on. Think of you guys everyday. Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for better news! We prayed in church today that it keeps coming! Stay positive Papa Rhodes! There are so many people praying for you.
    Carolyn, I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete