Monday, April 2, 2012

The power of love..

In the past year and a half, I have learned that love is one of the most powerful emotions a human can have. As babies, we only know the love of our parents, and we feel so much love for them. As we get older, we have dreams of fairy tales and finding true love! As teenagers, some of us go through many people that we think we love, only to end up moving on a few months later. As adults, we learn that there are many versions of love. I have learned by talking to many of my clients and friends, that love is just not the same for all of us. Some people do not need a man or a woman to feel love. They have their friends, and family and that is really all they need. One lady I recently talked to has  a very strong love for her grand kids. That is all that she  needs and just cannot imagine a day without them. Some can go totally without it from the opposite sex and are completely content with just the love from their friends, sisters/brothers, mom and dad. I'm am not by any means saying that there is something wrong with that kind of love, I am just saying it is a little different for all of us. I have watched in the past year and a half a very great act of love. The day my mom got sick, my dad was there by her side everyday, I mean EVERY DAY! He quit working, gave up his hobbies, and put everything on hold for my mom. He encouraged her through all of her treatments and was there telling her that she was going to make it! Unfortunately, cancer showed a very ugly face and devoured her week by week. My mom and dad were best friends. He told us that when she was gone, he would just keep going. He told us that we were all he needed. We prayed and encouraged him through it all. Within weeks after her death, his cancer had returned with a vengeance( he was diagnosed in 2005). He had never did any of those things he promised he would. It hurts so bad to see him and know that he just wants my mom back. He would give anything. Now, just short of 6 months he is right were my mom was. Turns out he could not live without her. Cancer is a very terrible disease and I would not wish it on my worst enemy, but I'm not 100% convinced that it is the exact reason he is dying. Love is very powerful and his heart is broken. My dad lost his best friend. After 36 years of marriage, I cannot imagine the pain of losing you best friend in the world. I am so sad to see my dad go, but more than anything I  understand that kind of love. Jason and I have been through hell and back and really, back to hell. I cannot imagine a single day without my best friend. There is no worse pain than watching someone you love suffer so I am just going to pray for God to send my mom down to take my dads hand and lead him with her back to heaven. Where they can finally be together with no more pain, and no more suffering. As sad as it is , it puts a smile on my face knowing that any day now they will be back in each others arms forever.


1 comment: