Sunday, May 25, 2014

You may be wondering..

 
 
For those of you that may be wondering how the 21 day sugar detox is going...well, its not. Now, before you go and get all judgmental on me, hear me out. First of all, this was a pretty hard thing to do. It doesn't help that I am 12 weeks pregnant and hungry. But in reality, that is not why I decided to quit.
The reason that I decided to go ahead and stop the detox, wasn't because I could not go another day without sugar. That actually got easier! A ton easier by day 5. The reason is because I really don't know what I'm suppose to be eating! "Well read the book and follow the directions silly!" You may be saying, but that isn't it either! Jason and I decided the other night to watch a food documentary "Forks over knives". I think I may have talked about it in a former thread. It was an eye opener to me about meat! Having two parents and multiple family members, friends, neighbors, you name it, die from cancer, its incredibly scary to watch after you have just been told that you need to consume a TON of meat every single day for 21 days. Not to mention that the meat you should be eating is preferably grass fed, free range, antibiotic free whatever else free meat. It is incredibly expensive. The list I had in my book was about $300 a week in meat alone. Then I hear about all of these studies done where populations that don't eat meat have these incredibly low cancer instances or none at all! So, if you know me and know that I am a borderline hypochondriac, I panic! I start to do all of this research on meat, and gluten, and dairy! Full fat vs. low fat, no carbs vs. high carbs, and every single study will give you a totally different answer. So what exactly is the truth? Is there a real right or wrong answer? I believe there is. Take EVERYTHING in moderation. Cut out as much processed foods as possible. If possible, cut it all out! Refined sugar is bad for us! Stop eating so much of it!!! Eat more veggies, more plant based diets with normal meat portion sizes! Read labels. If you cant pronounce it, don't eat it! Gluten is still out there for me to debate with because of how since we cut it out again, Noah has gone back to being more manageable! I really do believe that the gluten we consume today is not the gluten out ancestors consumed! Everything has been so mass produced to save dollars, that they have greatly modified it and some of just simply do not tolerate it. I try to stay away from it as much as possible, but I find I cant cut it out of my life forever. I think we all know that 10 years from now, a lot of the diets that we are eating are going to change even more! I can only hope that it is to a more whole foods way of living and the more processed junk becomes a thing of the past. I believe it will save a ton of lives.
For now, I will go about my daily life without the frustration of trying to figure out what is on a yes or no list and just eat real whole foods that GOD made as much as I possibly can . I know for a fact that I need to cut out sugar, and I have even since stopping this. It is a wake up call. I think we all need to make a few changes in our eating habits! Perhaps not drastic ones when you are 12 weeks pregnant and incredibly hormonal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment