Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bedroom re-do!

Hi friends! Its been a little while. We have been keeping pretty busy making things a little bit more "ours" recently. Luckily our land lord was pretty good about paint, and since we tend to stick to pretty neutral colors, we have been able to do what we have wanted. So, I only found one picture that I had taken of our room when we first moved in. It really wasn't that bad, but I wasn't loving the yellow color, and I was kind of  burnt out on our furniture. With the cost of furniture being not so cheap, we decided to paint ours with chalk paint! A friend told us that Lowes had a chalk paint recipe on their website, so I got it. Less than $200 later, we had a new room! I wanted everything to look clean and fresh. I wanted it to feel like that when you walked in the room. I also wanted a little pop of color so we went ahead and painted the nightstands a fun orangey red. I LOVE it! Got a few yards of fabric from hobby lobby and made the pillows also. The duvet is a set from target that I got on sale. So, over all , it was incredibly easy and very cheap. I love the way it turned out. NOW, we get to work on moving the kids into the same room! YIKES!
 
 
BERORE
 
 
AFTER
 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment